Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Sautéed Pork with Balsamic Glazed Peaches
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 boneless center-cut loin pork chops
1 tsp. olive oil
1 cup onion, finely chopped
3 peaches, thinly sliced
2 T brown sugar
1 T balsamic vinegar
1. Season pork chops with chili powder, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
3. Add 1 tsp. olive oil to skillet.
4. Add pork chops to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Place pork chops on serving platter. Cover and keep warm.
6. Add onion to skillet; cook until tender.
7. Stir in peaches, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Cook until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
8. Serve over pork chops.
Yield: 4 servings
Summer Peach Cobbler
5 cups peaches, sliced
1/3-2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 T cornstarch
1 cup flour
2 T sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Forfilling, in a sauce pan combine peaches, sugar, water and cornstarch. Cook and stir until slightly thick and bubbly.
2. To make the topping, stir together the flour, 2T sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
3. In a small bowl stir together egg and milk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just to moisten.
4. Pour filling into a 2-qt. baking dish. Using a spoon drop topping into mounds on top of filling.
5. Sprinkle topping with remaining sugar and cinnamon.
6. Bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings
Maturity is the ability to control anger and settle differences without violence or destruction.