Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #663Gay Oxendine
Taffy Apple Tartlets
1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
3/4 cup butterscotch caramel sauce (from a 17-oz jar), divided
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts), softened according to package directions
12 caramels, unwrapped
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; set aside for later use. Cut peeled apples lengthwise into quarters using Utility Knife. Lay each quarter cut side down; angle knife, cut out and discard core. Coarsely chop apples with Food Chopper. Combine apples, 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce and flour in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Microwave on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until bubbling and thickened; stir and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured Cutting Board. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using outer tube of Measure-All(R) Cup (nine around outside edge and three in center). Press disks into wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper, ruffling edges. Repeat with remaining crust.
3. Cut caramels in half using Utility Knife; place one piece into each tart shell. Spoon apple mixture evenly into tart shells; sprinkle with peanuts. Bake 14-16 minutes or until edges of tartlets are golden brown. Remove tartlets from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Serve warm.
Yield: 24 servings
Nutrients per serving: Light: Calories 110, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 75 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: To easily drizzle caramel sauce over tartlets, place resealable plastic bag into Measure-All(R) Cup. Pour caramel into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Cut corner off tip of bag to allow caramel to flow through.
Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip
2 16-oz sourdough bread rounds (about 6 in. diameter), divided
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 1.4-oz envelope or one 1.8-oz box (2 envelopes) vegetable soup mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Using Color Coated Bread Knife, slice off top of one bread round to create a lid; set lid aside. Carefully remove center of bread round to form a 4 1/2-inch-wide and 2-inch-deep well for dip. Slice center of first and entire second bread round into 1-in. cubes. Place bread bowl on center of Large Round Stone with Handles. Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
2. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Add milk to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Add artichokes, soup mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to batter bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until hot (do not boil). Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice. Stir juice and sour cream into hot artichoke mixture; pour into bread bowl.
3. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over bread bowl and bread cubes using Rotary Grater. Lean lid against bread bowl. Bake 13-15 minutes or until bread cubes and top of dip are golden brown. Remove from oven; serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings (about 2 cups dip)
Nutrients per serving: (about 2 tbsp dip and 4 bread cubes): Calories 220, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 610 mg, Fiber 2 g
Cook's Tip: To soften cream cheese, microwave on HIGH 15-30 seconds or until very soft. Whisk until smooth.
Maturity is patience. It is the willingness to pass up immediate pleasure in favor of the long term gain.