Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #663Gay Oxendine
Taffy Apple Tartlets
1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
3/4 cup butterscotch caramel sauce (from a 17-oz jar), divided
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts), softened according to package directions
12 caramels, unwrapped
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; set aside for later use. Cut peeled apples lengthwise into quarters using Utility Knife. Lay each quarter cut side down; angle knife, cut out and discard core. Coarsely chop apples with Food Chopper. Combine apples, 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce and flour in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Microwave on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until bubbling and thickened; stir and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured Cutting Board. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using outer tube of Measure-All(R) Cup (nine around outside edge and three in center). Press disks into wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper, ruffling edges. Repeat with remaining crust.
3. Cut caramels in half using Utility Knife; place one piece into each tart shell. Spoon apple mixture evenly into tart shells; sprinkle with peanuts. Bake 14-16 minutes or until edges of tartlets are golden brown. Remove tartlets from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Serve warm.
Yield: 24 servings
Nutrients per serving: Light: Calories 110, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 75 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: To easily drizzle caramel sauce over tartlets, place resealable plastic bag into Measure-All(R) Cup. Pour caramel into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Cut corner off tip of bag to allow caramel to flow through.
Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip
2 16-oz sourdough bread rounds (about 6 in. diameter), divided
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 1.4-oz envelope or one 1.8-oz box (2 envelopes) vegetable soup mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Using Color Coated Bread Knife, slice off top of one bread round to create a lid; set lid aside. Carefully remove center of bread round to form a 4 1/2-inch-wide and 2-inch-deep well for dip. Slice center of first and entire second bread round into 1-in. cubes. Place bread bowl on center of Large Round Stone with Handles. Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
2. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Add milk to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Add artichokes, soup mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to batter bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until hot (do not boil). Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice. Stir juice and sour cream into hot artichoke mixture; pour into bread bowl.
3. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over bread bowl and bread cubes using Rotary Grater. Lean lid against bread bowl. Bake 13-15 minutes or until bread cubes and top of dip are golden brown. Remove from oven; serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings (about 2 cups dip)
Nutrients per serving: (about 2 tbsp dip and 4 bread cubes): Calories 220, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 610 mg, Fiber 2 g
Cook's Tip: To soften cream cheese, microwave on HIGH 15-30 seconds or until very soft. Whisk until smooth.
John Adams, 2nd President of the USA
The preservation of liberty depends upon the intellectual and moral character of the people. As long as knowledge and virtue are diffused generally among the body of a nation, it is impossible they should be enslaved.