Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #678Kimberly Baker
Bruschetta Chicken with Rice
1/4 cup fat free Italian dressing
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 large red peppers, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (14 1/2oz) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
3/4 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 large tomato
3 T fresh basil, chopped
1. Heat dressing in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, peppers and garlic. Cook 10 minutes or until cooked to 165°F turning after 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
2. Add canned tomatoes and water to skillet. Stir in rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine cheese, chopped tomatoes and basil; set aside.
4. Return chicken to skillet; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through and cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 Servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 484, Fat 8.8g, Saturated Fat 3.3g, Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 479mg, Total Carb. 53g, Fiber 7g, Protein 47g.
Spinach, Mozzarella and Fruit Salad
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. pepper
5 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup cantaloupe cut in small chunks
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese, diced
1. In a small bowl, blend orange juice, olive oil and pepper with a whisk until combined or use a blender or food processor.
2. Gently toss dressing with remaining ingredients in a large bowl until coated.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 146, Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 2.2g, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 174mg, Total Carb. 8.6g, Fiber 2g, Protein 5g.
Peach Melba Parfait
2 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
2 cups fresh or canned (in water or juice) peaches, sliced
1/4 cup sugar-free raspberry jam
1. Place 1/4 cup yogurt in each serving dish, top with 1/4 cup sliced peaches.
2. Repeat step 1 with the remaining yogurt and peaches.
3. Top each parfait with 1 T raspberry jam
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 182, Fat 1.6g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carb. 39g, Fiber 1.4g, Protein 6g.
John Adams, 2nd President of the USA
The preservation of liberty depends upon the intellectual and moral character of the people. As long as knowledge and virtue are diffused generally among the body of a nation, it is impossible they should be enslaved.