Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #686Kimberly Baker
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 egg yolk
6 T milk
3 T butter, melted
1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, lightly whisk egg yolk. Whisk in milk and then butter.
4. Quickly stir in dry ingredients, mixing only until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy).
5. Gently fold in blackberries.
6. Spoon batter into well greased muffin cups filling cups almost full.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan 1 minute. Gently loosen edges of muffins with a knife. Remove from pan.
Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs
6 large eggs
1/4 cup skim milk
3 oz reduced fat cream cheese, cubed
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. to 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3T chives, chopped
1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients. (Cream cheese will be lumpy).
2. Heat a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat.
3. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add egg mixture. Use a spatula to gently stir egg mixture once it begins to set to create scrambled eggs. Cook until the eggs are just cooked and firm. Be careful not to overcook.
4. Transfer eggs to serving dish and sprinkle with chopped chives and tomatoes.
Yield: 3 servings
1/2 cup orange juice, chilled
1/4 cup apple juice, chilled
1/4 cup cranberry juice, chilled
1/4 cup ginger ale, club soda or other clear carbonated beverage, chilled
1 lime wedge
1. Pour each juice into glass, do not stir.
2. Gently pour in soda.
3. Garnish with a lime wedge.
4. Serve immediately.
Maturity is patience. It is the willingness to pass up immediate pleasure in favor of the long term gain.