Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #688Kimberly Baker
Ham, Cheese and Veggie Bars
1 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
2 (8oz) pkgs. low fat cream cheese
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing (or dip) mix
1 cup ham, chopped
1 cup variety of chopped vegetables (onion, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, etc.)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Roll out crescent rolls and place on bottom of pan, sealing all seams.
3. Bake at temperature indicated on crescent roll package until golden brown. Set aside and allow to cool. 4. Mix together cream cheese and ranch dressing mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Spread evenly on cooled crescent roll crust.
6. Sprinkle ham and chopped vegetables on top of cream cheese mixture.
7. Sprinkle cheese on top of ham and vegetables.
8. Keep refrigerated until served.
Yield: about 18 medium sized squares
Nutrition Facts: Calories 147, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 5.0g, Cholesterol 24.0mg, Sodium 413mg, Total Carb. 8.0g, Fiber 0.1g, Protein 6.7g.
Loaded Potato Salad
1 ½ pounds red potatoes, cooked and cubed
½ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ cup chives, chopped
1 cup fat free sour cream
½ cup low fat mayonnaise
½ tsp. pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Cover and chill before service. A minimum of 2-3 hours is best or overnight.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 190, Fat 5.8g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 15.6mg, Sodium 507mg, Total Carb. 27.0g, Fiber 0.1g, Protein 8.0g.
Minted Fruit Salad
1 1/2 cups in season fruit, cut into bite sized pieces
1 T honey
1 1/2 tsp fresh mint finely chopped
1. In a medium bowl, combine fruit, honey and mint
2. Cover and chill at least 2-3 hours before service.
3. Stir before serving.
Yield: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: Calories 167, Fat 0.0g, Saturated Fat 0.0g, Cholesterol 0.0mg, Sodium 16.7mg, Total Carb. 43.3g, Fiber 3.0g, Protein 1.9g.
Cake Mix Cookies
1 box (18 ¼ oz) cake mix (any flavor)
3 T canola oil
2 egg whites
¾ cup chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, M&Ms, chopped nuts, etc. Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, oil, eggs and egg whites until creamy.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips or other mixins'.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: about 24 cookies
Nutrition Facts: Calories 130, Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1.7g, Cholesterol 8.8mg, Sodium 174.0mg, Total Carb. 21.0g, Fiber 0.8g, Protein 1.8g.
Maturity is the ability to control anger and settle differences without violence or destruction.