Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #692Kimberly Baker
Ham and Apple Wraps
2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
2-3 teaspoons spicy brown or Dijon mustard
2 slices deli style ham
1 slice (1 oz) Cheddar cheese
¼ of an apple, thinly sliced
1 (8-inch) flour tortilla
1. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and mustard until smooth and combined.
2. Spread yogurt mixture onto tortilla evenly.
3. Place ham slices on top of yogurt mixture.
4. Place cheese slices on top of ham.
5. Arrange apple slices down the center of the tortilla on top of the cheese.
6. Roll tortilla tightly and cut in half.
Yield: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: Calories 258; Protein 13.0g; Carbohydrate 25.1g; Fat 10.2g; Saturated Fat 5.3g; Cholesterol 33.7mg; Sodium 767mg; Fiber 2.1g; Sugar 7.7g
6 tablespoons light mayonnaise or dressing
1 tablespoon honey
8 ounces coleslaw mix
1 red apple, chopped
1. In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise and honey until combined.
2. Add coleslaw mix and apples and gently mix until combined.
3. Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours before serving for best flavor.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 67; Protein 0.6g; Carbohydrate 10.4g; Fat 3.1g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 2.5mg; Sodium 140mg; Fiber 1.7g; Sugar 7.3g
Caramel Apple Crisp
5 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup quick oats
3/4 cup butter or margarine, chilled
1/2 cup caramel sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium sized bowl, toss apples with sugar, flour, cinnamon, lemon juice and water.
3. Spread apple mixture evenly into an 8x8-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
4. In a small bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar and oats. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over apple mixture. Drizzle caramel sauce over top of crisp.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes or until apples are bubbling and top is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 687; Protein 7.2g; Carbohydrate 114.3g; Fat 24.5g; Saturated Fat 14.8g; Cholesterol 61.0mg; Sodium 233mg; Fiber 5.9g; Sugar 69.5g
John Adams, 2nd President of the USA
The preservation of liberty depends upon the intellectual and moral character of the people. As long as knowledge and virtue are diffused generally among the body of a nation, it is impossible they should be enslaved.