Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #700Rhonda Matthews
Turkey and Cranberry Cream Cheese Sandwiches
4 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
24 slices turkey, thinly sliced
48 slices pumpernickel appetizer sized bread
1. In a small bowl combine cream cheese and cranberry sauce.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture on 24 slices of bread.
3. Place turkey slices on top of cream cheese mixture and top with second slice of bread. Cut in half diagonally, if desired.
Yield: 24 appetizer sized sandwiches
Nutrition Facts: Calories 71; Protein 3.2g; Carbohydrate 10.3g; Fat 1.9g; Saturated Fat 0.8g; Cholesterol 6.8mg; Sodium 228mg; Fiber 1.1g; Sugar 2.3g
Apricot and Brie Tartlets
3 oz brie cheese
3/4 cup apricot jam
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 packages frozen phyllo dough tartlet shells
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut brie into small cubes to fit into the tartlet shells (about the size of 1 teaspoon).
3. Place tartlet shells on a baking sheet.
4. Place 1 cube of cheese in each shell. Top each with tartlet with 1 teaspoon of jam and 2 slices of almond.
5. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Serve immediately.
Yield: 15 servings (2 tartlets per serving)
Nutrition Facts: Calories 105; Protein 2.6g; Carbohydrate 15.7g; Fat 4.1g; Saturated Fat 1.1g; Cholesterol 5.7mg; Sodium 62mg; Fiber 0.4g; Sugar 7.1g Hot Salsa Dip
1 cup kielbasa, diced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 cups salsa (hot, medium or mild)
1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese, finely grated
1. Sauté kielbasa for about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
2. Add salsa and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Garnish with cheese.
4. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Yield: 16 (1/4 cup) servings
Nutrition Facts (Not including tortilla chips): Calories 65; Protein 2.4g; Carbohydrate 2.7g; Fat 5.0g; Saturated Fat 2.3g; Cholesterol 7.8mg; Sodium 294.8mg; Fiber 0.1g; Sugar 1.6g
Maturity is the ability to control anger and settle differences without violence or destruction.