Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #706Kimberly Baker
3/4 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
6 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon ketchup
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced (fresh or canned)
1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
4 cups egg noodles, cooked
1. Combine ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg white, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shape into meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
2. In a large skillet, heat canola oil. Brown meatballs for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add onions and sauté for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
3. Stir in soup and milk. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
4. Serve over noodles.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 543; Protein 35.2g; Carbohydrate 61.5g; Fat 16.8g; Saturated Fat 6.2g; Cholesterol 126.4mg; Sodium 965.7mg; Fiber 3.8g; Sugar 6.6g.
Mushroom and Bacon Green Beans
1 pound frozen green beans, thawed
2 slices low sodium bacon, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. In a large skillet, sauté bacon over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add onions and continue to sauté for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté until bacon is crisp and onions and mushrooms are tender.
2. Add green beans, pepper and salt and sauté for 1 minute. Turn heat down to medium-low and cover with a lid. Allow green beans to heat for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 78; Protein 4.3g; Carbohydrate 9.5g; Fat 2.1g; Saturated Fat 0.8g; Cholesterol 5.0mg; Sodium 200.0mg; Fiber 3.3g; Sugar 4.0g.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup cold water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8x8-inch round cake pan.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gently stir with a whisk to remove any lumps.
3. With a spoon make 2 small wells and 1 large well in the flour mixture.
4. Put vinegar in one of the small wells, vanilla in the second small well and oil in the large well.
5. Pour water over the entire mixture.
6. Gently combine all ingredients until completely combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Frost cake with below Fudge Frosting recipe when cool.
Yield: 10 servings
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup evaporated skim milk
1/4 cup margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix all ingredients except vanilla.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat, add vanilla and beat until thick enough to spread.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 345; Protein 3.3g; Carbohydrate 57.6g; Fat 12.5g; Saturated Fat 2.0g; Cholesterol 0.3mg; Sodium 307.4mg; Fiber 1.7g; Sugar 41.4g.
John Adams, 2nd President of the USA
The preservation of liberty depends upon the intellectual and moral character of the people. As long as knowledge and virtue are diffused generally among the body of a nation, it is impossible they should be enslaved.