Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #795Meggie Bradberry
Rice and Picadillo (**adapted from Grandmother "Moo Moo" or Kathy Cowles)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 large can tomatoes (whole peeled or chopped)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1 large onion (chopped)
3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 jar green olives
1 jar of capers
1 or 2 small boxes of raisins
1 bay leaf
Cooked brown rice
1. Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil.
2. Add meat and cook through until brown
3. Pour in tomatoes, raisins, capers and olives.
4. Add salt/papper and Bay leaves
5. Simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes +
6. Serve over cooked rice.
John Adams, 2nd President of the USA
The preservation of liberty depends upon the intellectual and moral character of the people. As long as knowledge and virtue are diffused generally among the body of a nation, it is impossible they should be enslaved.