Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #810Holly Gillis
Delectable Spring Muffins
(Makes 9 Muffins)
1 cup grits, prepared (should be thick consistency)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1 cup prosciutto ham, sauteed, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup cream of havarti cheese, shedded
4 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon basil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine grits, butter and whipping cream; mix well
3. Add ham, havarti cheese, eggs, and basil, mix well
4. Spoon mixture into silicone or non-stick muffin tin
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until done
6. Serve with your favorite cream sauce and fresh fruit
Spring Capers and Eggs
(Makes 2 servings)
1 English muffin, halved, toasted
4 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon French Vanilla coffee creamer
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup capers, rinsed/drained
1/4 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
Fresh chives, chopped
Strawberry preserves, heated
Toast muffin halves, place onto plate; set aside.
Combine eggs and coffee creamer; mix well.
In a non-stick skillet, over medium high heat, add olive oil and egg mixture.
As mixture begins to set, use spatula to agitate and to form large, soft curds.
When mixture is almost done, add capers and cheese; fold until cheese is melted.
Spoon egg mixture over each English muffin half.
Sprinkle with chives and drizzle heated preserves over muffin and serve.
Breads & Rolls - Blueberry Gems
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. milk
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
3 1/2 T. sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease muffin tin. Set aside.
3. Blend together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine beaten egg, milk, and butter
5. Add egg mixture, blueberries and sour cream to flour mixture
6. Stir until moist
7. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
8. Sprinkle with topping, bake 25 to 30 minutes.
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
2 T. butter, melted
1. Mix brown sugar and pecans.
2. Drizzle melted butter over brown sugar mixture a little at a time, stirring mixture until crumbly.
3. Sprinkle over top of muffins before baking.
John Adams, 2nd President of the USA
The preservation of liberty depends upon the intellectual and moral character of the people. As long as knowledge and virtue are diffused generally among the body of a nation, it is impossible they should be enslaved.