Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #811Donna Bundrick-Griffin
Kid Friendly Chicken Wraps
1/2 package NATURE'S GREENS™ Kale
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 cup low fat shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
6 (10-inch size) tortillas
1. Chop Kale finely and set aside.
2. Skin and shred chicken.
3. Combine shredded chicken with chopped kale and cheese, tossing to combine.
4. Add dressing, tossing to coat.
5. Divide chicken mixture evenly between tortillas.
6. Roll up to enclose chicken mixture.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritious Kids Popsicles
1 cup low fat frozen yogurt
1/4 cup vanilla flavored almond milk
1/2 cup Orange Strawberry Banana 100% juice
1 cup NATURE'S GREENS™ kale
1 banana, sliced
1 teaspoon honey
1. Spoon yogurt in a blender.
2. Pour almond milk and juice over frozen yogurt.
3. Spoon kale, banana in with other ingredients.
4. Pour in honey.
5. Blend until kale is well pulverized.
6. Pour mixture into 3-ounce paper cups and place in freezer.
7. After 30 minutes, insert Popsicle sticks into frozen Popsicle mixture. 8. When ready to serve, tear off paper cups and enjoy.
Yield 8 popsicles.
Easy Kale Smoothie
2 pears, unpeeled and chopped
1 or 2 bananas, sliced
1/2 cup white grape juice
2 cups water
1/4 cup honey
3-4 cups NATURE'S GREENS™ kale
Blend the first 5 ingredients in a blender. Spoon in kale and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Yield 6 cups smoothie.
Quick Veggie Pizza
1 tablespoon Extra Lite Olive Oil
1 (10-ounce size) pkg. VERSATILE VEGGIES® Fajita Mix
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (10-ounce size) pkg. VERSATILE VEGGIES® Squash Medley
1 cup VERSATILE VEGGIES® diced tomatoes
2 cups shredded Six Cheese Italian Blend shredded cheese
1 (1.5 lb. size) prepared pizza crust
1. Sauté fajita mix and garlic in olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
2. Spoon Mixture in the center of unbaked pizza crust.
3. Top cooked vegies with squash medley.
4. Spoon tomatoes around outer crust.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until cheese has melted and vegetables are tender.
Yield: 6-8 slices.
Maturity is patience. It is the willingness to pass up immediate pleasure in favor of the long term gain.