Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #813Deanna Kendra
Cauliflower 'Spanish Rice'
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped or you can use red or yellow pepper as well
2 cloves garlic, chopped
8 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped or you can use ½ cup pureed tomatoes
2 TBS of cilantro leaves chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. COOK THE CAULIFLOWER by bringing a medium sized pan of water, about 6 cups to a boil
2. Put in all of the cauliflower and bring back to a boil.
3. Turn off heat and cover and allow to sit in the pan of water for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a medium sized skillet or frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of good olive oil until hot.
5. Add the onions and peppers and sauté until the onions are translucent.
6. Add the garlic and sauté for 5 more minutes.
7. Add the tomatoes or tomato pure and let simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add the cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Drain the cauliflower and transfer to food processor and process using pulses until it resembles rice, or use a potato masher to break up the cauliflower until it is the size of rice. It will do this quite easily.
10. Add to skillet with the onion, pepper, and garlic and tomato and cilantro mixture and mix thoroughly.
Per Cup: 92 Calories; 3g Tot Fat; 0g Sat Fat; 0mg Cholesterol; 257mg Sodium; 15g Carb; 5g Fiber; 7g Sugar; 4g Protein;
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Yield: 2 ½ cups
1 cup Dates, soaked in warm water, roughly chopped
1 cup Maple Syrup
2 Tbs. Honey
1 ½Tbs. Vanilla Extract
4 each Hass Avocadoes, very ripe, mashed
1 ¼ cup Dark Cocoa Powder
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine the dates, maple syrup, honey, and vanilla extract in a food processor. Puree until all ingredients are well liquefied.
2. Add the avocadoes to the date mixture and puree until well incorporated.
3. Once pureed, add the dark cocoa powder and blend until all the dry cocoa powder is incorporated.
4. Serve with fresh fruit or fruit purees.
Maturity is patience. It is the willingness to pass up immediate pleasure in favor of the long term gain.