Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #836Marie Hegler
Carrot, Oat, Chocolate, Cranberry Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely grated carrots (about 1 large carrot)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1 large egg
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; mix well with a whisk. Stir in carrots, chocolate chips, walnuts and cranberries.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Pour into the carrot mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until tops of cookies just begin to brown. Cool slightly.
Yield: 20 cookies
Granola, Yogurt, Berry Parfait
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups granola, recipe above
2 cups vanilla yogurt
2 cups berries
1. To prepare granola, preheat oven to 325°.
2. Combine al ingredients in a mixing bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes.
4. To prepare parfait, line up 4 serving cups. Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt into each glass and smooth surface.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of granola overtop and smooth surface.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of fruit overtop and smooth surface. Repeat the process.
Yield: 4 servings
Area Food Safety & Nutrition Agent
864-232-4431 Ext 113
Maturity is the ability to control anger and settle differences without violence or destruction.