Enjoy some delicious recipes!
Program #920Marie Hegler
1 (12-ounce) package broccoli coleslaw
1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a serving bowl, combine broccoli, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
2. In a mason jar, mix together the vegetable oil and remaining ingredients.
Put the lid on the jar and shake until mixed together.
3. Drizzle over slaw and toss to coat.
Yield: 6 servings
Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 sweet onion, diced
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups half and half
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon paprika
8 ounces egg noodles
1 (16-ounce) mixed frozen vegetables, thawed
1. Heat oil in a large pot oven medium heat. Add chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, and cook until golden brown. Remove from the pot and set aside.
2. Add celery, carrots, onion, and mushrooms, saute until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken broth and half and half, whisk, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat up to high. Return chicken to the pot and add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, sage and paprika.
3. When the mixture begins to boil, add the pasta and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes, and then add the mixed vegetables. Cook until the noodles are tender and the sauce is thick, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Yield: 6 servings
Area Food Safety and Nutrition Agent
Clemson Cooperative Extension
John Adams, 2nd President of the USA
The preservation of liberty depends upon the intellectual and moral character of the people. As long as knowledge and virtue are diffused generally among the body of a nation, it is impossible they should be enslaved.